All Blog Posts (228)

MOB minutes - July 2015

MOB meeting – July 2015

Meeting chaired TH, minutes JB, members present 9

Apologies: DK

1.    New chairman’s  address

Plans were outlined to build on the club’s current activities and to extend these for instance including booking huts not used before and building up the climbing.

2.    Climbing

It was hoped to host a series of weekly climbing meets but it was strongly recommended (JB) that meets should only go onto…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on July 7, 2015 at 22:00 — No Comments

Annual General Meeting - June 2015

Minutes – MOB AGM, June 3rd 2015

Meeting chaired JW, Minutes JB, members present 18

1.    Outgoing committee members

Thanks go to Jon Waring for a year’s outstanding contribution as chairman of the MOB with attendance and plenty to say at every meeting during his chairship.

2.    Ongoing committee members

Elliot will continue in his post as treasurer for the second year of his 2 year tenure and Jill will…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on June 17, 2015 at 16:11 — No Comments

Mob Minutes - May 2015

MOB minutes – May 2015

Chair JW, minutes JB, members present 17.

1.       BMC grants

Applications were submitted for the May 1st deadline for BMC club grants.  It was hoped to apply for some equipment and if possible training support for a MOB member.

Application conditions required all grants to be in with the intention of supporting new members to the club and as such an application was made…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on May 11, 2015 at 21:43 — No Comments

Fell Race/Tent

Our Race in June is 1week after the Holcombe Hill proper race its 7pm from Hare and Hounds on Weds 10th good training!! for our event. My tent i offered has been collected by a member. I am still going on OAP climbing some weekdays at Stockport for a cheap lunchtime session

Added by dave dickson on May 8, 2015 at 8:36 — No Comments

Free Tent

I have a too large tent sleeps 4 at least only used one trip . If any one wants it please contact me at May meet or tomorrows bike ride Dave Dickson

Added by dave dickson on April 21, 2015 at 20:28 — No Comments

MOB minutes - April 2015

MOB Minutes – April 2015

Chair JW, minutes JB, members present 17

1.   BMC club grants

There are grants available through the BMC to clubs to provide equipment and instruction aimed particularly at encouraging participation for new members.  There is also money available to update websites, newsletters etc.  All applications must be submitted by May 1st.  This information will be added to the website for all members to add comments to. …

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on April 10, 2015 at 11:21 — No Comments

MOB minutes - March 2015

MOB Minutes – March 2015

Meeting chair: JW, minutes: JB

 1.    Subs

Most members have now paid subs for the year.  Any outstanding to Elliot please.

2.    Wales hut – LMC

The weekend we had hoped for mid April is not available and so we have asked for dates around mid-May instead. JB to sort

3.    Fell Race/Walk

Elliot is organising a fell race / bike / walk event on 12th April. …

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on March 12, 2015 at 20:00 — No Comments

MOB minutes - January 2015

MOB Minutes – January 2015

Chair – JW, minutes taken – JB.     Members present – 14 plus guest Richard Toon.

1.    Richard Toon

Many thanks Richard for entertaining us with your slides.  Having made the mistake of offering to come back I am sure we will see Richard again in the not so distant future.

2.    Xmas…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on January 13, 2015 at 8:02 — No Comments

Sharp Edge

Sunday 18 of us, 3 being newbies set off from Mungrisdale at 9.15 taking the easy angled valley up to Sharp Edge we giving everyone chance to chat and catch up. As we gained height on Sharp Edge the low lying cloud started to brake to give some lovely views. We had put a couple of ropes in but everyone seemed happy,"just about", with the climbing, although it never gets any easier and as the book says can be tricky in greasy conditions.…

Continue

Added by Derek Kenyon on November 25, 2014 at 19:54 — No Comments

MOB minutes - November 2014

MOB Minutes – November 2014

Meeting chaired by JW, minutes JB, members present 18.

  1. 1.    Xmas do

The provisional date of 13th December at The Jewel in the Crown is to be moved until mid-January due to a clash with another event. JB

  1. 2.    Monthly meets

Lisa and Carly have suggested venues for monthly meets throughout next year and will present this to the MOB at…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on November 10, 2014 at 20:51 — 1 Comment

Zoomtopo of Stanage

Just been reading SUMMIT ,the BMC magazine.Maybe you'll have seen what I'm blogging about.If you don't get SUMMIT,I'll give you the website address to check out ZoomTopo  and  i quote from the article about it below.

The address is  www.thebmc.co.uk/zoomtopo

and the article reads,

                              "ZoomTopo is the creation from Sheffield climbers Dan Arkle and Roger Brook.......they have produced a resource the…

Continue

Added by Brian Knowles on November 4, 2014 at 20:07 — No Comments

Spare Copy of"The Self Coached Climber" Dan Hague and Douglas Hunter

I've recently bought a second copy of this book because I cannot find the DVD I originally had with it.

The book is a guide to movement when climbing and covers all there is to cover from body awareness through movement,physiology .training ,strength and power .I always go back to it (probably 'cos I need to)to check something particular.

If there's a MOB library,I'm happy to donate but if there isn't.The first person to contact me can have it.And if anyone has the means to…

Continue

Added by Brian Knowles on October 22, 2014 at 21:05 — No Comments

In and/or out Wednesday to Saturday this week

I'm free man in Bury to paraphrase Joni Mitchell(cept ,she was in Paris),so I intend doing some climbing am to pm from Wednesday to Saturday this coming week .So if anyone is out and about.I am taking this opportunity to  ask if they would be averse to my company.If either you are or simply  aren't out ,then no reply is teh appropriate response :-))

Added by Brian Knowles on October 19, 2014 at 22:46 — No Comments

MOB Minutes - October 2014

MOB Minutes – October 2015.

Meeting chaired JW, minutes JB, members present 19.

1.    Doug Scott lecture

This has again proved very popular and is now sold out.

2.    T-shirts

These have turned out great – Thanks Juan and Lisa – and were distributed during the meeting with complimentary t-shirts for Dom and…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on October 3, 2014 at 20:48 — No Comments

MOB minutes - Sept 2014

MOB minutes – September 2014

Meeting chaired by JW, minutes by JB, 27 members present

1.    Website

Whilst security for the members only section of the website is in doubt, I would suggest all members check their details and remove anything they are not happy may be seen by the public.

2.    Doug Scott…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on September 4, 2014 at 19:30 — 1 Comment

Troy 20 August

If anyone is passing through Holcombe Brook en route to Troy ,I would be grateful for alift.    have lost my mobile so landline or a reply to this message are the best ways to contact me .Land line 0120488 2376.

Thanks ,

          Brian

Added by Brian Knowles on August 20, 2014 at 11:29 — No Comments

MOB minutes - August 2014

MOB minutes – August 2014

Meeting chaired by JW. Minutes taken by JB.  20 present.

1.    New members

A welcome was extended to new members Craig, Jo and Phil.

2.    Website

Areas of the website thought to be secure and available to members only appear to be unsecure.  JW to investigate.

It has also come to light that…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on August 8, 2014 at 10:24 — No Comments

Climbing in the Lakes and free stuff

  https://www.thebmc.co.uk/arcteryx-lakeland-revival

This looks interesting

Added by Brian Knowles on August 5, 2014 at 20:04 — No Comments

Climbing in the Lakes and free stuff

  https://www.thebmc.co.uk/arcteryx-lakeland-revival

This looks interesting

Added by Brian Knowles on August 5, 2014 at 20:04 — No Comments

MOB minutes - July

MOB minutes – July 2nd 2014

Meeting chaired by JW, minutes taken by JB

 

  1. MOB t-shirts.

A date was set for the MOB T-shirt competition with designs to be brought to the next meeting for judging.  The winning design can then be printed up.

  1. 2.    Club kit

Tony and Derek have been through the club kit and retired old or damaged kit, distributed unnecessary kit to those who might be able to use it…

Continue

Added by Jill Brumby on July 3, 2014 at 15:33 — No Comments

Monthly Archives

2017

2016

2015

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Blog Posts

MOB minutes May meeting Annual AGM

The AGM was well attended with approx 15 members.



Our current chair Cath Skinner did a quick resume of the years' events and thanked the members for their efforts and participation. Particular thanks goes to those who put events on the web site and managed them for all. We have had some great times out and about over the year together.



Thanks to Cath for her chairwoman ship over the year , she has done a great job.



A new chair and deputy were voted in with the… Continue

Posted by John brandon on May 4, 2017 at 20:30

Helping the Bury Jubilee Outdoor Pursuits Centre

Hi - does anyone feel able to respond to the appeal below?

Dave Dickson and I have been involved for a long time but I have now left the area and Dave is probably reaching his last fifty years of useful service (sorry to be so blunt, Dave).

Putting Something Back

If you are from near Bury (Lancashire) and love the outdoors, want to promote opportunities for young people to enjoy the Lakes at minimal cost, have enjoyed using the Bury…

Continue

Posted by Mike Chambers on January 23, 2017 at 11:17

MOB minute Jan 2017 meeting

This was the annual photo comp presentation. Meeting well attended by 23 members.

New 20.00 hrs start time seems to work well.

People seems to be getting out and about over the xmas hols albeit on shorter ventures.

Plenty of biking and walking going on.

Future events include :

Sat 21st Jan. Christmas curry night. Let mick slater know if you are coming asap. This is usually well attended.

Jan 27th or 28th depending on weather , wales walk organised by derek K. -Aber… Continue

Posted by John brandon on January 9, 2017 at 17:00

© 2017   Created by William Shaw.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service