MOB minutes – November 2015

Meeting chair TH, minutes JB, members present 12

 1.   Apologies (JB)

The minutes are back after a couple of meetings absence due to having to work the evenings of the last 2 meetings.

2.    MOB Xmas Do (TH)

It’s getting to this time of year again.  Last year’s venue The Jewel in the Crown went down well and they were very accommodating with the extra numbers that arrived without a booking.  This will be booked again for Saturday 16th January.

Please add your name on the website if you would like to go.

3.    Reports

Navigation Day at Shap (IB)

An excellent day that was useful to all.  The weather was glorious and an adder even put in an appearance.

Lundy (DK)

An excellent trip with all 14 places taken.  A good group with good food, good weather, good routes, no mishaps but no fish.   Article and photo’s to follow on website. (MH)

October winter walk - Snowdon (IB)

A good day’s walk at a reasonable pace over Snowden  to Crib Goch and Pen y Pass

Bowfell walk (IB)

A few showers but a good day’s walk taking in Bowfell and Esk Pike.

Dalby Forest (MD)

The multi-activity weekend went well with a full turn out and activities to suit all levels of fitness/ability.

4.    Kalymnos trip 2016

This will not be able to run next year as Dave Evans is unavailable to organise it unless there is a member willing to take it on.

5.    Monthly winter walks

Volunteers needed to plan winter walks for Dec/Jan/Feb.

6.    First Aid Training

Interest was expressed in holding a further first aid training session with a particular emphasis on how to sort out emergency situations using materials to hand.

Suggestions were to ask Ron if he would hold another session and also to talk to Steve Pilkington as he may know a competitively priced provider through his involvement with DofE .

7.    2015 Photo competition. (IB/DK/TH/VH)

As is traditional for the last meet before Christmas, it is the annual photo competition.  Usual rules apply i.e. 3 photo’s per member to be submitted to Ian Brewster asap.  DK to speak to Dave Crabtree to see if he is available to judge the competition.  TH/ VH to see if it would be possible to arrange sandwiches to mark the occasion.

8.    Events

Wilton 1 clean up - Saturday 7th November. 

Wilton 1 is a great climbing venue that has been bought by the BMC to preserve its use for climbers in years to come.  The club has actively supported the BMC in maintaining / improving the site and any members who can make it on Saturday will find it to be an enjoyable day with chips provided and beers available.  Several members are already going.

Night orienteering - Wednesday 25th November (DK/MC)

This comes highly recommended as an opportunity for some urban orienteering.  Run on a point scoring system with a one hour time limit.  Meeting point is The Major pub in Ramsbottom at around 6.30 to 7.00 pm.  Please wear high visibility clothing and bring a highlighter and plastic wallet if possible.  Please add names on website if coming to make sure there are enough maps etc as this is always a popular event.

Family Christmas walk - Monday 28th December (SP/MD)

The annual family Christmas walk will be hosted by either Steve Pilkington or Mark Davies with further details to follow.

Climbin

It is now indoor season and so:

Tues 10th November – Awesome Walls at Stockport

Tues 17th November – Manchester Climbing Centre

And alternating between the 2 thereafter.

 

Also coming highly recommended:

Thursdays: 6.30. Yoga for climbers at Rockover.

 

Next meeting

Wednesday December 2nd Photo competition.

 

Views: 24

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Mountaineering Club of Bury to add comments!

Join Mountaineering Club of Bury

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Blog Posts

Mob meeting minutes October

no new updates re event attendees.

Future activities being filled us fast or already full. Pls contact the organiser if interested in attending one.

Mike chambers informed us that there is an old bank account with 0.90p in it that needs closing. He will sort that out.

Photo comp will be at Dec meeting as usual. Pls send in a max of 3 photos to Ian Brewster.

Dave Dickson is planning the Dec mob walk. Looking like 10th to Pendle Hill area.

Mick is looking at March Mob… Continue

Posted by John brandon on October 5, 2017 at 17:30

MOB minutes May meeting Annual AGM

The AGM was well attended with approx 15 members.



Our current chair Cath Skinner did a quick resume of the years' events and thanked the members for their efforts and participation. Particular thanks goes to those who put events on the web site and managed them for all. We have had some great times out and about over the year together.



Thanks to Cath for her chairwoman ship over the year , she has done a great job.



A new chair and deputy were voted in with the… Continue

Posted by John brandon on May 4, 2017 at 20:30

Helping the Bury Jubilee Outdoor Pursuits Centre

Hi - does anyone feel able to respond to the appeal below?

Dave Dickson and I have been involved for a long time but I have now left the area and Dave is probably reaching his last fifty years of useful service (sorry to be so blunt, Dave).

Putting Something Back

If you are from near Bury (Lancashire) and love the outdoors, want to promote opportunities for young people to enjoy the Lakes at minimal cost, have enjoyed using the Bury…

Continue

Posted by Mike Chambers on January 23, 2017 at 11:17

© 2017   Created by William Shaw.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service