First meeting of year with new committee who are:
Chairwoman - Cath Skinner
Vice Chair - Jordan Taylor
Treasurer - Matt Fowthrop
Secretary - John Brandon

Approx 10 attendees.

Cath to put committee members on web site as administrators.

Jordan T will show a film about climbing at one of the next meetings ( if he can get his laptop fixed )
I'm sure we can sort a laptop out for him if req.

John b to put details about a small summer music festival on a campsite near Gisburn forest called
Testifest. - Fri 1st July to sun 3rd July , campsite is Hartleys farm nr Tosside Nr Sawley. A lad at work is part of the organisation of it. There are 40 tickets left. Let me know if you want any asap. Shown as Newhouse farm on google maps. Good campsite if biking at Gisburn. We will have to organise a trip there ! I can't go this yr but maybe next yr ?

Jordan T to look into booking Don Whillans hut for 2017

what is lastest on black sail booking ? Jb to ring Andy Ashton. We will need approx 8 definates and paid up on this booking as it is approx £1000 outlay.

Ian Brewster to look to book a winter 2017 meet back end of Feb probably.

Jordan Graham to book an event in sept , possibly Coniston Copper mines area.

Don't forget that Derek K has a club YHA card. Give him a call if you want to use it.

Can everyone try to put advance notice of events on the web site so other members can attend.
Some people may not know anything about a type of activity and would be able to join in to see if they like it ? This is particularly true for new members who we are looking to encourage.
If everyone put a few on it would be good for the club.

Thanks jb.

Views: 22

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Mountaineering Club of Bury to add comments!

Join Mountaineering Club of Bury

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Blog Posts

Mob meeting minutes October

no new updates re event attendees.

Future activities being filled us fast or already full. Pls contact the organiser if interested in attending one.

Mike chambers informed us that there is an old bank account with 0.90p in it that needs closing. He will sort that out.

Photo comp will be at Dec meeting as usual. Pls send in a max of 3 photos to Ian Brewster.

Dave Dickson is planning the Dec mob walk. Looking like 10th to Pendle Hill area.

Mick is looking at March Mob… Continue

Posted by John brandon on October 5, 2017 at 17:30

MOB minutes May meeting Annual AGM

The AGM was well attended with approx 15 members.



Our current chair Cath Skinner did a quick resume of the years' events and thanked the members for their efforts and participation. Particular thanks goes to those who put events on the web site and managed them for all. We have had some great times out and about over the year together.



Thanks to Cath for her chairwoman ship over the year , she has done a great job.



A new chair and deputy were voted in with the… Continue

Posted by John brandon on May 4, 2017 at 20:30

Helping the Bury Jubilee Outdoor Pursuits Centre

Hi - does anyone feel able to respond to the appeal below?

Dave Dickson and I have been involved for a long time but I have now left the area and Dave is probably reaching his last fifty years of useful service (sorry to be so blunt, Dave).

Putting Something Back

If you are from near Bury (Lancashire) and love the outdoors, want to promote opportunities for young people to enjoy the Lakes at minimal cost, have enjoyed using the Bury…

Continue

Posted by Mike Chambers on January 23, 2017 at 11:17

© 2017   Created by William Shaw.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service