MOB minutes – June 4th 2014

Meeting chaired by JW, minutes taken by JB

1.      New members

A warm welcome was extended to new member Ron Price.

 

2.      BMC cards

It has been noticed that some MC membership cards have incorrect dates on them.  Whilst the BMC have reissued cards to many, if anyone still has an incorrectly date card, see JW who will chase it up through the BMC.

 

3.      Kit check

This is ongoing and progress is being made. DK/TH

4.      YHA card

The MOB website shows that we now have a group YHA card valid until March 2015.  This has already been used by a Mob group and most of the £35 fee been recouped.  Valid for groups of 6 or more, each person will save around £3 on a nights stay in a hostel.  The card is with Jill Brumby if anyone would like to make use of it.  Money owed to DK for card.

5.      T-shirts

Designs for a Mob T-shirt were discussed.  It was decided to hold a competition for best design with democratic judging to decide the winner which will then be printed up into shirts.

6.      Ropework for new climbers

Due to the numbers of members now moving from indoor to outdoor climbing, it was agreed to run an introduction to ropework session.  Similar sessions have been hosted in the past by Dave Clarke and we also have Mike Chambers who is SPA qualified.  Mike agreed to organise this perhaps as a mixture of indoor and outdoor sessions and probably including abseiling which would also be useful for those going on the Lundy trip.

7.      Wednesday climbs and indoor/outdoor venues

It was agreed that JW will make the call as to whether the venue will be indoors or outdoors based on his best guess of the weather and that he will put the outcome on the website and send a group text to all who have expressed an interest in the event on the web.

 

8.      Roaches weekend at the Don Whillans Hut.

Due to the success of the last climbing trip to the Roaches, it has been suggested that we look into booking the Don Whillans Hut again for a weekend in May.

9.      Lundy trip

12 of the 14 places for the Lundy trip in August 2015 have now been taken.  If anyone would like a place see DK.  Money owed to Dave Owen.

10.  September Mob weekend in Wales:  19th – 21st September 2014

Mark Davis has organised a Mob weekend away for mountain biking, climbing, walking etc with bunkhouse accommodation at Coed-y-Brenin. Cost is £44 for 2 nights.  If anyone would like a place see DK.

11.  Film night

Jim Metcalfe is hoping to follow up the successful “Last Great Climb” film evening held in Ramsbottom with a lecture by Doug Scott on Thursday October 2nd. Whilst still provisional, further details are on the website.

12.  Events (See website for further details)

9/5/14 – BMC meeting in Bolton.  Discussions including bolting in Lester Mill and Angelzarke Quarries.

11/5/14 – Climbing meet. Wilton 1 / West View Climbing Wall, Preston

18/5/14 – Climbing meet. Troy quarry (+ carvery) / MCC

25/5/14 – Climbing meet. Deeply Vale / Rochdale Wall

13.  AOB

Date of next meeting – Wednesday 2nd July.  Slide show by Dominic Hoare.

Views: 14

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Mountaineering Club of Bury to add comments!

Join Mountaineering Club of Bury

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Blog Posts

December Mob walk

The weather forecast had dire warnings for travel so very limited turn out Average age of the walkers was 70 y.o. There was just a small amount f snow on roads. But the regular track up Pendle hill was hard packed snow hence slippery. Took took the cross country route to Ogden Clough about 6ins of soft snow. Very few people out on the tops. Sorry the younger members were all at home watching City week in fact all back home before kick off

Posted by dave dickson on December 10, 2017 at 20:20

Mob meeting minutes October

no new updates re event attendees.

Future activities being filled us fast or already full. Pls contact the organiser if interested in attending one.

Mike chambers informed us that there is an old bank account with 0.90p in it that needs closing. He will sort that out.

Photo comp will be at Dec meeting as usual. Pls send in a max of 3 photos to Ian Brewster.

Dave Dickson is planning the Dec mob walk. Looking like 10th to Pendle Hill area.

Mick is looking at March Mob… Continue

Posted by John brandon on October 5, 2017 at 17:30

MOB minutes May meeting Annual AGM

The AGM was well attended with approx 15 members.



Our current chair Cath Skinner did a quick resume of the years' events and thanked the members for their efforts and participation. Particular thanks goes to those who put events on the web site and managed them for all. We have had some great times out and about over the year together.



Thanks to Cath for her chairwoman ship over the year , she has done a great job.



A new chair and deputy were voted in with the… Continue

Posted by John brandon on May 4, 2017 at 20:30

© 2017   Created by William Shaw.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service