Minutes – MOB AGM, June 3rd 2015

Meeting chaired JW, Minutes JB, members present 18

1.    Outgoing committee members

Thanks go to Jon Waring for a year’s outstanding contribution as chairman of the MOB with attendance and plenty to say at every meeting during his chairship.

2.    Ongoing committee members

Elliot will continue in his post as treasurer for the second year of his 2 year tenure and Jill will continue as secretary.  Tony will also continue as equipment manager.  Will Shaw has agreed to continue looking after the website.

3.    New committee members

Chair – Tony Hewitson will become chair having done one year as vice chair.

Vice chair – Kath Skinner will become the new vice chair and will also take on the role of answering new members enquiries.

BMC rep – Jim Rogers has agreed to represent the club at BMC meetings when in the country.

4.    Treasurers summary

The bank balance currently stands at £3697 although there are a few outstanding amounts to be paid from the account.

5.    Training grants

Applications have been made to the BMC for grants towards new equipment and training for novices.  It was proposed that the club consider funding a member towards their SPA award with the expectation that they then invest time into helping novice climbers progress onto rock. 

This was agreed in principle to be discussed further at a later time.

A concern was also raised that we might not need new equipment and so perhaps the grant should be turned down if awarded.

A further discussion on this will take place when the outcome of the grant applications is known.

6.    K shoes weekend

Derek has looked into this and it is fully booked.  Applications can be made in December which will be for 2017.

7.    Nepal fundraiser

Jim Metcalfe held a slide show of recent visits to Nepal and then a whip round raised £100 to add to relief funds.

8.    Lundy – August 2015

The outstanding balance is due with ferry costs of £64 pp due soon.  DK

9.    Multi activity weekend – October

There are still places on Mark Davis’s weekend. DW

10. Screen donation

Many a time we have borrowed the projector screen from Ron Jones and so it is with sadness that we hear of his passing.  The MOB would like to extend sympathies to the family and express thanks for the donation of the projector screen.  It will be well used.

 11. Events

Orienteering June 24th at Chesham Woods. £1.50 per person to cover map costs. MC

 

Views: 26

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Mountaineering Club of Bury to add comments!

Join Mountaineering Club of Bury

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Blog Posts

Mob meeting minutes October

no new updates re event attendees.

Future activities being filled us fast or already full. Pls contact the organiser if interested in attending one.

Mike chambers informed us that there is an old bank account with 0.90p in it that needs closing. He will sort that out.

Photo comp will be at Dec meeting as usual. Pls send in a max of 3 photos to Ian Brewster.

Dave Dickson is planning the Dec mob walk. Looking like 10th to Pendle Hill area.

Mick is looking at March Mob… Continue

Posted by John brandon on October 5, 2017 at 17:30

MOB minutes May meeting Annual AGM

The AGM was well attended with approx 15 members.



Our current chair Cath Skinner did a quick resume of the years' events and thanked the members for their efforts and participation. Particular thanks goes to those who put events on the web site and managed them for all. We have had some great times out and about over the year together.



Thanks to Cath for her chairwoman ship over the year , she has done a great job.



A new chair and deputy were voted in with the… Continue

Posted by John brandon on May 4, 2017 at 20:30

Helping the Bury Jubilee Outdoor Pursuits Centre

Hi - does anyone feel able to respond to the appeal below?

Dave Dickson and I have been involved for a long time but I have now left the area and Dave is probably reaching his last fifty years of useful service (sorry to be so blunt, Dave).

Putting Something Back

If you are from near Bury (Lancashire) and love the outdoors, want to promote opportunities for young people to enjoy the Lakes at minimal cost, have enjoyed using the Bury…

Continue

Posted by Mike Chambers on January 23, 2017 at 11:17

© 2017   Created by William Shaw.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service